I started making this dish earlier this year to give the staple adobo a twist. It has become one of hubby's favorite dishes and I got so many recipe requests from friends - yup, I'm one of those people who post photos of my cooking (and other people's cooking), in Facebook, ha! I never really measure my ingredients for adobo, but today I did, so I can finally post the recipe in this blog. So here goes...
3 skinless boneless chicken thighs
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 &1/2 cups water
1 medium potato diced
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt & pepper
1. Boil the chicken, garlic, bay leaves, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, and water in a sauce pan.
2. Simmer until the liquid dries out and the chicken is cooked.
3. Flake the chicken.
4. In another pan, fry the potatoes. Add some salt and pepper.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, add the chicken adobo flakes.
6. Fry the potatoes and chicken until crispy (will probably take another 15-20 mins).
Serve with fried eggs and tomatoes and garlic rice. This recipe can serve 3-4 people. This is sure to be a hit - breakfast, lunch, or dinner. :-)