Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Game Night - who would've thought...

Game Night?  The only game night I knew growing up was mahjong nights of the oldies (fine, and also the not so oldies) in my family!  Apparently, this is a "cool" activity also for adults here in America - i.e. the Friday night alternative minus the hangover.  We've been having game nights the last few weeks, thanks to a friend who introduced us to the game called Settlers of Catan.  Honestly, I dreaded the first night we played this board game, because common... me?  Game of strategy?  I'd space out in no time while thinking about on-line shopping!  But what the heck, I did try it, and yes I liked it - I even won one time, ha!  And nope, I didn't have a strategy - it was pure luck (though they never believed me).  Last Friday, we also played Taboo, and I must say, I felt like a moron not being able to guess right away "club" with words like "what cavemen hit their wives with"!  Whatda?!  Never would have guessed - maybe I'm too happy-a-wifey to think something like that hahaha!  Okay honestly, I wouldn't have answered correctly if not for the word "soda" with it. :-)

We've probably hosted game night more than three times already and all it really takes is greasy food, a board game, and cool friends who love wholesome fun.  Yes, I'm part of the cool-people-who-love-wholesome-fun-club!  




My team did not win Taboo, nor did I win Settlers.  But I won lots of free samples from a friend who works at a popular food company.  Haha!

5 comments:

  1. Just thinking about the greasy food, I already feel like having a heart attack but with a smile on my face haha!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh! wag kang ganyan... walang cheetos dito na kasing-sarap ng cheetos jan!

      Spanish Pinay

      Delete
  2. bonding with friends is really a must! Happy for you there:)

    ReplyDelete