Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kali Elijah

I haven't posted anything in a while, and that's because hubby and I are in Walla Walla, Washington and I did not bring my personal laptop (tsk, tsk)!  Apparently, blogger does not work in too well in IE (the only browser I have now), so after more than a week of no blogging, I decided to install Chrome.  I couldn't take it anymore (ARRRGHHH)!!! :-)

Why are we in Walla Walla?  Here's the reason:


It's the christening of my older sister's second son, Kali Elijah, and the whole family was here last weekend!  It's always great to have a  family reunion, albeit short-lived.  This took place last May 27, Sunday, at St. Mary's Chapel, in the City of Walla Walla (funny name for a city huh?).  I'll be posting more about this town, but for now, I just wanted to share some of my favorite photos from the Christening.

David Datu, now a big brother.  Ninong Hubby.  My beautiful sister and "Eli" getting dressed in his baptismal gown.


Mom and older sister, who already went home two days ago (sob).  The ceremony.




A simple gathering with a few friends and family.  Mom's special angel food cake, and now my "specialty" - pancit hab-hab which everyone raved about (aheemmm).  My sister, myself (and my humongous pimple hahaha), and mom.  Tito Gil (the perpetual ninong) and hubby (the new ninong). 



A tender moment between "kuya" and "ading".


I wasn't able to post some photos with my dad and Eli's dad (Kuya Pat) as the camera had terrible settings at that time so I was only able to harvest a few good photos.  Will post more soon.


3 comments:

  1. naka touch naman ang family gathering nyo. That's typical filipino. Close family ties and I am proud to be a filipino too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! Yeah, nothing beats being with family. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family! Aaaahhhh... there's nothing like babies :)

    Sweet photos! Love the B&W shots :)

    ReplyDelete