Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mahi-Mahi Burger with Asian Slaw

I haven't been posting any new healthy recipes lately as I have been BUSY.  And with that I have slowed down a little bit with my MLW (must-lose-weight) goal... boooo.  So to keep me inspired, I just had to blog about healthy eating (especially after all the yummy pizza, wings, Italian beef, and chocolate cake - i.e. "the works" I had today).

Mahi-Mahi.  I've discovered this fish way back in Manila, when we had an office team dinner at Bubba Gump restaurant.  I'm not sure if it were the fish or the dish (or the hefty price), but it definitely left me a pretty good impression.  So for our late dinner, I made Mahi-Mahi Burgers with Asian Slaw - not inspired by Bubba, but by DMK where I had the best Asian style Salmon Burger, and as a substitute to the usual beef burgers.  Definitely healthier.


For the recipe of the burger patty, just go to this link.  I almost followed the recipe to a tee, but I used a blender instead of a food processor (worked just fine).  And for the slaw, you can get it from here - I made a few alterations as I only used traditional green cabbage, red bell pepper, and cilantro for my veggies, and pure honey instead of sugar/maple syrup.  For my buns, I used the whole-wheat thin kind to further lessen the calories.  I toasted the bun and spread with a mayo-hoisin mixture, then stacked the slaw and burger.  I'd say one of the best recipes from the internet I had tried ever.

Calories: 306 Calories from Fat: 97

4 comments:

  1. sipag mo talaga gumawa ng foods. me, just bread and whatever in the fridge na palaman sa gabi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome, Dianne! Your posts on seafood are making even the mostly-vegetarian (wink) crave fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummy. I love the add ons-- green cabbage, red bell pepper, and cilantro!!! you are doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ladies! I'll be posting more recipes soon - just been soooo busy!

      Delete