Monday, April 16, 2012

Fondue for Breakfast?

Why not? Just throw in some bread, eggs, coffee, and you're all set for a different kind of breakfast!  

(Don't I just love my new fondue set?!)

I made my fondue savory so it's actually made of cheese and wine (yes, this is breakfast ;-)).
Ingredients: 1/3 cup dry white wine, 1/3 cup shredded gruyere cheese, 1/3 cup shredded swiss cheese, 1 tsp of flour, pinch of nutmeg, salt, and cut up bread for dipping (I made freshly baked pillsbury french bread, which can be found in the frozen breads section)
Just melt everything together in your fondue bowl, starting with the wine, then gradually add the cheese. Add the flour and mix well so the bumps smoothen out.  Put some salt and nutmeg to taste.



I actually made this last Saturday to see how it will turn out for a tea party this coming weekend.  It was yummy, but probably I'd add more wine so it's more "liquid". Here's the actual recipe, but I had to modify it to serve just two people.

6 comments:

  1. Fondue for breakfast? I LOVE how you're living it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'd love to try that kind of fondue for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also use regular sauce pan then transfer to crockpot so it's always hot!

      Delete