Sunday, April 22, 2012

His & Hers Baked Egg

In yesterday's breakfast trip to Floriole Cafe, I got so inspired by how they crafted very simple yet absolutely perfect pastries, sandwich and coffees.  And one little detail that stuck in my mind is how they used baked eggs in their breakfast sandwich.  Its creamy and smooth texture is almost like flan, but savory.

Today, as I started preparing for our afternoon tea themed party (which I will talk about soon), I decided to make something simple, yet filling, for breakfast.  Need I say more?  Baked Eggs.  I didn't bother looking for a recipe online, and just put together in my mind what ingredients and tools it could possibly need, and also added a little twist to make it "his and hers". :-)

His Baked Egg: One egg, about 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, and ham. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Hers Baked Egg: Same - just replace the ham with fresh mushrooms.

Beat the eggs together with the cream, then add salt and pepper.  Place the cheese and ham or mushroom onto a ramekin.  Pour the egg mixture and place the ramekins in a baking pan with about 1/2 inch of water.  Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the eggs set.  I served this with whole wheat toast, but it's also good to eat as is.  And don't forget the brewed coffee!

Ham & Cheese Baked Egg
Oh, I do have one small yet high-impact tip: drizzle with black truffle oil and you'll never look at eggs the same way again!

Mushroom & Cheese Baked Egg



8 comments:

  1. Your a born chef. Sarap tingnan:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks delish and easy to make. A definite must try, thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good! subukan ko nga yan. uhm, what determines the his and her? :-D New word for me... ramekin! hehe galing mo talaga!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Love baked eggs. My favorite is with sauteed tomatoes, garlic, parm, and lots of fresh basil or Italian parsley sprinkled after the bake. I just crack the egg into the dish though instead of scrambling - then I bake just till the whites are set, with the yolks still runny. So good with crusty bread! I should try it your way with mushrooms :)
      Oh yeah, truffle oil/truffle butter...I know many celebrity chefs shun it, but what the heck, I can't afford a piece of truffle worth hundreds of $, so truffle oil/truffle butter will have to do. Have you tried it on popcorn? :) Weird but addictive!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, mine's like scrambled baked egg! Almost like quiche. Truffle oil is the best, I also can't afford the real thing!

      Delete
    3. Lhot - His is the ham and Hers is the mushroom. Lam mo naman si Bobby, not really a veggie lover hehehe!

      Delete