Friday, March 16, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia - 2 Ways

I'm beginning to realize, my posts are getting to be more and more about food (uh-oh)!  I guess I'm hitting two birds with one stone with this hobby-of-a-chore (of course I'm making up words again).  I heart food (and cooking) and you know what they say, the way to a man's heart is through his growling stomach.  Bobby's abundantly benefited by this fact.

It's Lenten Friday, thus today's project: FISH.  In my freezer, I see a bag of frozen tilapia fillets.  Yes!  So apart from the spirit of Lent... in the spirit of hitting two birds (or fish?) with one stone, I made two dishes using one recipe: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia.  Ingredients: Tilapia fillets, Italian bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, parmesan cheese, eggs, milk, salt, pepper.

1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Combine wet ingredients.
3. Dip the tilapia in the egg mixture, then to the bread crumbs.
4. Bake in the oven at 400F for 30 mins.

So easy.

For lunch, I made a simple pomodoro sauce (olive oil, canned diced tomatoes, and garlic) and tossed in angel hair pasta.  Then I topped this with the baked tilapia and garnished with parmesan, red pepper flakes, and parsley flakes.


For dinner, I modified it a bit by adding mayonnaise to the fillet before dipping it in bread crumbs and I topped with mozzarella.  Also, instead of pasta, I paired it with white rice and good ol' sunny side up.  Kinda looked like breakfast, but it worked.  Who says you can't eat eggs at night?!


And who knew Tilapia could be so sosy in America? :-)





4 comments:

  1. I didn't know tilapia is sosy in America! I love this recipe and was particularly wowed by your idea of adding mayonnaise before putting dipping tilapia in bread crumbs. Question though, may egg pa rin? So, egg muna then mayonnaise then bread brumbs? I make my home-made chicken nuggets and I'd like to try the same idea kasi Tala loves mayonnaise hehe

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kahit wala ng eggs! Although when i made it, meron pa, but i realize madulas! Sarap!

    ReplyDelete