Thursday, June 28, 2012

Soy Honey Glazed Mahi-Mahi

Soy Honey Glazed Mahi-Mahi

I've been watching "Chopped" lately, and I'm very fascinated by the creativity of the chefs!  It's such a challenge to come up with food network superstar judge-worthy dishes out of outrageously disconnected ingredients in 30 minutes!  I always imagine myself being in that situation, but I'd probably be the first to get chopped, with my nerves getting the best of me.  At least cooking at home with limited ingredients is a good way to live the fantasy!  Hehehe.

Last weekend, we went to Costco with some friends.  As I have been trying to lose weight, I'm always on the lookout for healthier ingredients, mainly fish and vegetables.  So I got some frozen mahi-mahi, which is quite expensive compared to tilapia, cod, or even salmon, but I thought, why not?  At 96 calories per serving, I'm sold!  Here's how I cooked it... Pretty quick and easy at 30 minutes.  And I got a "mmmm good job wifey" so I guess it was quite good. :-)

Make a marinade with soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and pepper.  Add your mahi-mahi fillets and marinate for 20 minutes.  Heat vegetable oil and pan fry the fillets for 3 minutes each side.  Set aside the fish and remove the oil from the pan.  Add back the marinade and drizzle with japanese cooking wine.  Drop a bunch of spinach and cook for 30 seconds.  Arrange in plate and serve with rice.

Calories: 280 Calories from Fat: 88

2 comments: