Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Minestrone

What a windy day! And at 92F, walking around downtown was a bit challenging.  And what did I crave when I got home?  Soup!  I took the advice of friends and made Minestrone with my leftover vegetables and whatever's in my pantry - canned chicken stock, tomatoes and beans... just perfect!

Calories: 173 Calories from Fat: 19
1/3 cup zucchini 7/0
1/3 cup diced carrots 16/1
1/3 cup diced celery 6/0
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper 13/1
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley 1/0
1/2 cup chicken stock 43/13
1/2 beef bouillon 5/1
1/4 cup diced onions 12/0
1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes 16/1
1/4 cup black beans 50/2
1 clove garlic 4/0
Spices: oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like "minestra" a common soupy veggie dish here in Spain!

    By the way, nabitin pa din ako sa usap natin last night! Para bang I just want to keep on talking kahit non-sense like "gbrrssshhh badar badar poglarka gdgdgdgd.." Just to shake it off my mind!!!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lhot, you'll be fine. :-) Have a minestrone!

      Delete